Shaun White, our Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, has shared a step-by-step guide to our famous Eichardt’s Bloody Mary. You can try this out at home during lockdown. Or, if you are a Queenstown local, you can pick up a 500ml batch as part of our Eichardt’s At Home takeaway menu – just add vodka!
Watch a video here: https://youtu.be/1qeCPp8Dwrk
Order online here: http://eichardts.mobi2go.com
- 2 x Cherry Tomatoes
- 60ml Vodka
- 10ml Grahams Port
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 90ml Tomato Juice
- 15ml Lea & Perrins (Worcestershire sauce)
- Kaitai Fire (Hot Sauce)
- Black Pepper
- Celery Salt
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Chop cherry tomatoes and place in the bottom of the glass. Then muddle the chopped tomato with the basil.
- Build the drink in the glass by adding the vodka, lemon and tomato juice.
- Add a pinch of celery salt and 6 grinds of black pepper along with 15mls of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
- Depending on how spicy you want to make the drink vary the levels of hot sauce and horseradish. We recommend 6 drops of Kaitai Fire (hot sauce) and 1 teaspoon of horseradish to be keep you warm during winter.
- Add the fresh basil leaves and ice then proceed to stir the drink.
- Garnish with 10mls of Grahams port and place a skewer consisting of a basil leaf, lemon wedge and cherry tomato on top with a grind of pepper on top.